21’ x 8’ 6”
25’ x 8’ 6”
30’ x 8’ 6”
35’ x 8’ 6”
40’ x 8’ 6”
21’ x 9’ 6”
25’ x 9’ 6”
30’ x 9’ 6”
35’ x 9’ 6”
40’ x 9’ 6”
Installation Guide Dicor Brite-Ply RV Rubber Roof System (40ft x 8 ft 6 in. White)
1. Locate the ends (front and rear) where the Dicor BRITE-PLY roof (40ft x 8 ft 6 in White) will be
terminated. Use a chalk-line to mark these areas. Make sure there is
sufficient roof structure to fasten to.
2. Cover the RV roof with the Dicor BRITE-PLY membrane (40ft x 8ft 6in White) making sure there is
sufficient length at both the front and rear termination points. Fold
membrane in-half, exposing the roof areas.
3. Open the waterbased adhesive (901-BA) and stir thoroughly. Using a
9” wide short nap paint roller, apply adhesive to the substrate at a
rate of 160 sq. ft. per gallon. The membrane is to be mated with the
adhesive as quickly as possible.
4. Fold the Dicor RV Rubber Roof membrane (40ft x 8 ft 6 in. White) the opposite direction and repeat step #3.
5. With the membrane in place, adjust to make sure there is sufficient
length at both termination points and on both sides of the vehicle.
Remove wrinkles by lifting and pulling the membrane. Do not stretch the
Dicor Brite-Ply camper rubber roof membrane.
6. Lightly squeegee or broom to eliminate air pockets, making sure the membrane is completely in contact with the adhesive.
7. Apply butyl tape (BT-1834) to the side of the roof edge molding.
While holding the molding, draw surplus material tight with a downward
pull. (You may staple the membrane in-place spacing 1/2” staples 3-5”
apart to keep proper tension.) For best results, install this molding
from the center of the vehicle toward the ends. When complete, use a
utility knife to cut surplus material from below the molding. Repeat on
8. Apply butyl tape (BT-1834) to the termination molding. On the front,
the front cap should lay on top of the Dicor Brite-Ply (40ft x 8ft 6 in White) camper rubber roof membrane. Using a screw-type
fastener, install the termination moldings - making sure there is
sufficient roof structure. On the rear of the vehicle, the membrane
should lay on top of the rear cap.
9. Using a utility knife “X” cut all roof openings. Make sure all
openings are cut the same size as previous openings. Round all 90 degree
cuts to eliminate “running cuts”. Surplus material should be stapled
inside vent openings. Do not stretch the rubber membrane. Trim all
10. Apply butyl tape (BT-1834) to all appliances, vents, etc.
Re-install using screw-type fasteners. When installing the vents,
appliances, etc. you may notice that the Dicor BRITE-PLY RV Rubber Roof membrane near the
screws begins to “creep” and small air pockets form. Simply “walk” the
bubble toward the opening and hold-in-place while installing screw-type
Caulk all screw heads, front and rear termination bar and all accessories.
11. Install Dicor lap sealant (501-LS) using a 1/4” to 3/8” bead, as follows:
A. Bridging the membrane on all appliances.
B. Both ends of the front and rear termination molding.
C. Top edge of side roof edge molding.
D. All screw heads located on the roof.
12. Clean all surplus caulk and debris from the roof.