This AC unit lets you replace an existing AC or add a new AC to your RV or camper. It works with your existing Advent Air, Dometic, Coleman Mach, or Carrier air distribution box and thermostat - adapter wiring kit (sold separately) may be required.
- Air conditioner quickly and efficiently cools the interior of your RV or camper
- Replaces, upgrades, or adds an air conditioner
- Compatible with a ductless or ducted system
- Can be paired with an Advent Air setup or a Dometic setup that uses an external control box
- Can be paired with a Coleman Mach or Carrier setup using a wiring adapter (ACCOLKIT, ACCARKIT - sold separately)
- 6-Blade fan with motor provides sufficient airflow
- Thick, collapsible gasket with 6 foam pads provide support between RV roof and air conditioner
- Gasket seals the opening to prevent water seepage and air leaks
- Foam pads help reduce noise
- White, hard plastic cover protects internal components from water and debris
- Can easily be removed for maintenance and cleaning
- Bolt-on installation
- Additional accessories (sold separately) can be purchased to improve performance and comfort
- Start capacitor (ACMSCKIT) jumpstarts the AC when a campsite or generator doesn't provide enough power
- Electric heat strip (ACMHD) removes the chill on cold or frosty mornings
- UL and cUL certified
- Application: Motor homes, travel trailers, and fifth wheels
- Not approved for school buses, food trucks, enclosed/utility trailers, or off-roading vehicles
- Fits: roofs 2-1/2" to 5" thick
- Opening size: 14-1/4" long x 14-1/4" wide
- Air conditioner power draw (while running): 15 amps
- Compressor power draw (while running): 12.4 amps
- Fan motor power draw (while running): 2.6 amps
- Capacity: 15,000 Btu per hour
- Electrical rating: 115V, 60Hz
- Air flow: 500 cubic feet/minute
- Overall dimensions: 31-3/16" long x 24-7/8" wide x 12-13/16" tall
- Refrigerant: R410a, 16.9 oz
- Wire gauge: 12 AWG
- Air conditioner weight: 68 lbs
- 1-Year manufacturer warranty
Note: This unit is compatible with AC systems that use a 6-pin connector to plug into the control box. Some Dometic systems have the control box built into the AC unit itself. Check the wiring of your existing setup to see if this unit will work for you.
This Advent Air AC unit lets you replace an old or broken air conditioner on your RV or camper. It works with your existing Advent Air or Dometic air distribution box, and it is compatible with Coleman Mach or Carrier setups if used with an adapter wiring kit (ACCOLKIT, ACCARKIT - sold separately). The AC has a powerful fan and motor that provides a steady stream of air to efficiently cool the inside of your RV on a hot or muggy day. And everything you need in order to replace or add an AC unit is included, which makes installation simple and easy.
Because your RV is likely already prepped and pre-wired for an AC unit, installation is simple and easy. Most AC units, including this one, are designed to fit an opening that measures 14-1/4" x 14-1/4". Depending on your roof setup, you may need to do minimal alterations. If the opening is larger than 14-3/8" x 14-3/8", you will need to install spacers between the sides of the unit and the opening's edges. If the opening is smaller than 14-1/8" x 14-1/8", you will need to enlarge the hole to fit the unit snugly inside the opening.
On the bottom of the AC, there's a thick, collapsible gasket with 6 noise-reducing foam pads. This provides support between the RV roof and AC and seals the opening to prevent water and outside air from leaking in. Because of this, the use of fresh sealant isn't needed. Once installed, the hard plastic cover on the AC can easily be removed for maintenance and cleaning.
And in order to fully complete installation, this AC needs to be paired with your existing Advent Air, Dometic, Coleman Mach, or Carrier air distribution box and thermostat. Please note that an adapter wiring kit (sold separately) is needed if you are replacing a Coleman Mach or Carrier air conditioner.
Additional accessories can be purchased separately to improve the performance of your Advent Air AC unit. The start capacitor (ACMSCKIT) improves the performance of your AC by using stored energy to jumpstart it. And the electric heat strip (ACMHD) removes the chill on cold or frosty mornings in your RV, ensuring you stay comfortable. Please note that the heat strip will only work on Advent Air AC units.
Advent Air Warranty Coverage
1-Year Warranty covers defective units when installed correctly on approved applications. The warranty does not cover units installed incorrectly. To ensure air conditioner is installed correctly, please see the questionnaire pdf below. A filled-out questionnaire is required for warranty coverage.
If you are not comfortable using a voltmeter (or removing the charge from the start capacitor), you'll want to make a service appointment with your local RV dealer to verify the installation. Print the pdfs below (warranty- questionnaire, warranty dealer information) and take them along with the RV to your local dealer. ASA does compensate dealers for warranty work as outlined in the dealer information pdf. You may be charged by the dealer for time spent investigating the installation.